Friday, August 26, 2011

Return to Mag Mell

I met Nate at Shannon Airport and we continued on to the Cliffs of Moher. Nate indicated that he'd received a communication from his Divine Father at last, and that he insisted Nate come to speak face-to-face. I asked if this wasn't a bit odd, and Nate allowed that it was, but just shrugged.

"Hey, it's what the ol' man wants, so whaddya gonna do, right?"

"I guess so.", I admitted.

We didn't have time to wait for nightfall, said Nate, so I hoped Derrick could figure out a way to get us into Mag Mell without incident. I needn't have worried. He...somehow managed to lead the great mass of tourists away from the Cliffs using a bullhorn and I think talking about U2's Bono possibly paying a visit to scout the location for their next music video...

But we did manage to speak to Derek briefly beforehand, and he had some disturbing news. Cordelia was missing, and Derrick wanted to know if Nate and I had perchance seen her or heard of her during our own travels of late. I said I hadn't, and looked at Nate, who shrugged. Derrick stated that Cordelia had been acting strangely of late, and that now she had abandoned her post and seemingly disappeared. Derrick, addressing Nate, said gently "...I know she was kind of hard to get along with..."

Nate, magnanimously, said "Oh, she was alright..."

I laughed and said "It's ok Nate, you can say it. She was a b*tch."

"Well, maybe a bit of a feisty Irish redhead.", Nate suggested.

"No.", said Derrick and I simultaneously, laughing.

I looked at Derrick then I continued "...I've dated feisty Irish redheads, Nate. Cordelia was a uptight b*tch. She's a whole 'nother level of Hibernian hussy."

"Well,", interrupted Derrick, "you folks should probably get going. One divine distraction coming right up", he continued, hefting a bullhorn and walking away from us...

"That's our cue.", I said to Nate, and over the Cliffs we went, diving into Mag Mell.

No comments:

Post a Comment