Saturday, March 12, 2011

'Tis the sorrows of a Scion.

Alas, further investigation of the boy Gair's family roots revealed that his only connections to Ireland are his divine ones. Not the sort of evidence I can take to the Irish consulate, then. 'Tis a pity, and one of the sorrows of being a Scion, especially when your pantheon is rooted in an island halfway round the world from where you live. Not unlike Gunnar, actually. Yes, 'tis truly a pity. I was relishing the thought of invoking a UN Human Rights case against the State of California for failing to protect an Irish citizen...

Still, I feel strongly that the Sanderson's don't deserve custody of this boy in any case. I'll pull what strings I can and serve as his advocate to the best of my ability. Dual citizenship would've been the strongest card I had, but now I'm going to probably need the help of Nate and Laurel to protect Gair and look out for his interests the best I can.

I also feel the need to use our down time waiting for Jack's return to make a spiritual connection to both Ogma, and to Manannán mac Lir.

I need to know what the gods will are for not only for Gair but for myself. I know what I feel in my heart, that I must protect this lad, but I also don't want to interfere with divine will.

I also think I need to modify this Mossberg shotgun a little. I'd like to replace the stock with a pistol grip, adjust the sling, and shorten the barrel a bit so I can conceal it under a black raincoat. I need to get more confident with hurling my divine weapon, Gae Bolga, as Ogma intended, rather than using it strictly as a melee weapon, as if it were just another pole-arm.
Ogma himself was well known for hurling objects great distances in the time of the ancients. I should strive to be more like him in my ways and actions always.

It would just be convenient to be able to rush in with a heavy back up-weapon like the Mossberg in more compact form while I go retrieve the Gae Bolga from the body of my opponents.

No comments:

Post a Comment